Job Description: Business Office Manager
ParkHill Medical is seeking an experienced Ambulatory Surgery Center Business Office Manager who is committed to providing high quality service to our patients, our staff and our medical staff. As a member of the leadership team, you will set the tone and culture for the facility. This is a position of high responsibility and high pressure. The reward comes in offering outstanding care to our patients and in developing our staff.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
- Will report directly to the Administrator.
- Will lead an efficient, successful, highly focused customer service trained business office team including:
- surgery scheduling
- insurance verification
- patient financial counselors
You will lead many process improvement initiatives
You will ensure accurate business transactions and processes which require a high level of professional judgment and discretion in carrying out assignments, the ability to problem solve, a high degree of confidentiality, and the ability to work under pressure.
- Establishing the revenue cycle process to include charge entry
- Complete all month end close processes.
- Assures compliance to industry regulatory standards as well as ParkHill Business Office standards, policies and procedures.
- Communicates regularly and effectively
- Leadership skills to help direct, coach and motivate staff.
- Conduct personnel evaluations for employees supervised.
- Interview and hire personnel as needed due to staff changes.
- Conduct departmental meetings.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in regards to patient account status
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate’s degree in a business or HIM related field is preferred.
- Minimum of three years business office management experience in an ambulatory surgery center setting.
- Proficiency in accounting and ability to use computer automated accounting systems (Vision and athenaNet).
- Experience working with all types of third party payers. (HMO, PPO, Medicare/Medicaid, Workers’ Comp, etc.)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates accountability, integrity, professionalism, openness, receptive to change, creativity, and innovative.