Job Position Title: Medical Billing/Collections Specialist
Job Description: We are currently seeking an experienced ambulatory surgery center medical billing and collections specialist who is able to provide great customer service. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and have the ability to effectively communicate with both customers and staffing team. Strong analytical, time management, organizational, problem solving and decision making skills are essential. Only ambulatory surgery center experienced candidates will be considered.
• Review operative report in order to determine that the appropriate codes have been assigned to reflect the surgical procedure( s) performed
• Timely and accurate submission of all medical claims
• Responsible for researching denied claims, denied procedures. Prepare appeals, resubmit claims, and perform all actions necessary to obtain payment.
• Communicate clearly in a professional friendly manner with customers and staff via written and oral communication
• Responsible for being aware of and exemplifying the ASC’s Center Mission, Vision, and Values.
• Preferred associate’s degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school to include ICD-10 coding certification
• Minimum 3 years medical billing and collections experience in an ASC
• Must have a working knowledge of state and federal healthcare billing regulations and a familiarity with Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial insurance plans
• Strong computer and billing software skills are essential
• Preferred Athena experience
• Preference claim auditing/reconciliation experience
Employment Type Full-Time
Job Type Health Care
Education Minimum High School
Experience 3 to 5 years
Manages Others Does not manage others
Industry Healthcare – Health Services
Required Travel None
To apply for a career with ParkHill Health, please follow these instructions:
- You may download, print and complete our ParkHill Health Employment Application (Insperity HR Form)
- Scan, upload and email the completed application to Lisa Gianulis.
- Or, camera phone photograph the 5 page application and email to Lisa Gianulis.