To prepare you and your family for a safe surgical experience, it is essential that your health care providers have current and past health information about you.
- A nurse will be calling you for your preoperative telephone interview.
- The interview will take approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
- You may tell the nurse to call back at another time.
- If you are unavailable, the nurse will leave a message to call back to a specific number.
- When the nurse calls you, you will have the opportunity to ask questions you may have about your surgery.
- Please write down any questions you may have.
- The nurse will review with you instructions for the day of your surgery.
- Please have a pen and paper available to write down these instructions.
- The interview must be completed within one week of your surgery date.
Please write down the following information prior to your phone interview:
Download PDF Preoperative Telephone Interview Questionnaire
Medications: List all your medications, doses and timing. Please be sure to include all pills, injections, vitamins, herbs and inhalers.
Allergies: List any allergies to medication, tape, food, latex (rubber products) and environmental allergies (pollen, etc.).
Past Surgical History: List all surgeries and when they were done.
Medical History: List your current and old medical problems.
Problems with Anesthesia: Do you or any one in your family have a history of problems with anesthesia? If so, what is it?